Sport | BUCS Preview – Leeds face Durham for the title in Women's Lacrosse

A packed schedule of home fixtures this week means that Uni fans will have plenty of choice over which sports to follow.

In one of the earlier starts, the men’s tennis 1sts take on Sheffield at the David Lloyd in Moortown.

The team will be hoping to take all the points in this home tie, helping them to secure a mid-table position in this season’s Northern 1A, against a Sheffield team who have racked up just one victory up to this point.

Back on campus, the men’s volleyball team take on Sunderland at the Edge, and will be looking to bounce back from a cup defeat to Manchester in their last run out.

Volleyball Men's

Sunderland sit bottom of the Northern 2B and, if other results go their way, a second place finish could still be on the cards for Leeds, if they can secure victory.

However, the Leeds men’s football 1sts will be the underdogs in their fixture, facing a very competitive Machester side.

Despite being mathematically relegated already, Leeds will be playing for pride, in a fixture which has regularly brought the best from the historic rivalry between the northern heavyweights.

Football mens 4

Leeds will take on another northern side in our Match of the Day this week, as the women’s lacrosse game will be one of the most interesting spectacles of the week.

Leeds, level on points with Durham 2nds at the top of the Northern 1A, will be facing Durham 3rds on their final game of the domestic season.

Uni go into the fixture after a huge Trophy victory against local rivals Met, and will be hoping to take confidence from this.

The North-East side will likely be looking to do their colleagues a favour this week, and it will be up to Leeds, and other results, to decide who will be crowned champions.

For more information on venues, times and fixtures, visit http://www.leedsgryphons.com/

Jamie Kirby

Photos: Sam Broadley and Miranda Inman