Fashion | If money weren't an issue we'd be buying…

Dolce and Gabbana Floral Jacquard Trousers, £625, farfetch.com

If anything yells springtime chic more that our recent pastel pink obsession, it’s those pieces splashed with a bold floral print. Seeing as it’s not quite time to swap the tights for razors, or the hand cream for sun cream, we’ve found the perfect piece to carry you through this transitional period of sunshine and frost. This Dolce and Gabbana masterpiece perfectly accommodates for the juxtaposing temperatures, as their blossom pattern and cropped ankle welcome a fresh summer feel, while the cosy cotton and the longer-than-hot-pant length retain that much-needed element of warmth.

Designed with a high waist and tailored leg, these trousers would be both a fashion and a purse savvy purchase, perfectly suiting almost any occasion. Pair them with a cropped loose tee and Converse for daytime cool, or a strappy black cami and sandals for an evening dinner date. You could also chic-it-up for an interview – with a feminine white shirt, black courts and a cropped blazer you’re bound to impress even the most modest interviewer.

If this floral fantasy is a little more ‘desire’ than ‘require’ to justify purchasing as you count down the days until April’s loan, then fear not. High street and online stores such as Zara and ASOS have a particular penchant for all things floral, particularly those tailored, at a pinch of the price. Blooming marvellous.

Charlotte Teather