Homemade Pumpkin Spiced Latte Recipe
The pumpkin spiced latte is a fad of the 21st century, commercialised by the Starbucks franchise that grasped on to the recipe, which for the past few years has been brought back due to popular demand.
Many regard the drink as a taste of Autumn in a cup, with the aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg only adding more deliciousness on top of the pumpkin spice and frothy milk. On a gloomy, winter’s day, who can really say no? Now you don’t even have to stress about going to Starbucks every day to fulfill your caffeinated pumpkin fix, whip up a pumpkin spiced latte in the comfort of your own home.
- 2 cups of milk
- 1-2 shots of espresso (or a cup of freshly brewed coffee)
- ¼ cup of whipped, heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon + ginger + nutmeg mix)
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree
- Over medium heat, warm the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice in a saucepan for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar to make a thick syrup.
- Whisk in vanilla extract and the milk, warming it gently and making sure it doesn’t boil over.
- Process the milk with a hand blender until frothy.
- To make your pumpkin spiced latte, pour the espresso into your mug, adding the milk mixture and topping with whipped cream and extra pumpkin spice.