ONLINE EXCLUSIVE: A round up of Paris Fashion Week

The closing of SS17 took place in Paris, the French capital associated with elegance and style. The Parisian streets were flooded with the best and brightest of the fashion world including fashion influencers and bloggers.

Maria Grazia Chiuri made her debut as the new artistic director for Dior with a statement, ‘We should all be feminists’ read a t-shirt paired with a tulle skirt. The Dior collection, inspired by fencing, also made reference to ‘J’adore Dior’ with ‘J’Adior’ slogans.

screen-shot-2016-10-10-at-13-03-25Credits: Vogue (who credited Indigital)

Perhaps the biggest moment during PFW was the return of the ‘Y’ in Yves Saint Laurent’s show, it was loud and clear with shoes and accessories sporting the YSL logo.

screen-shot-2016-10-10-at-13-04-15Credits: Vogue and Elle

The Louis Vuitton show commenced on the last day with a declaration of love. The collection was sophisticated and chic with focus on work attire with a twist. Skewed skirt hemlines were a prominent trend within the collection, both Loewe and Alexander McQueen also favoured asymmetrical skirt hemlines on their catwalks.

screen-shot-2016-10-10-at-13-05-10Credits: Vogue (who credited Indigital)

Bursts of colour dominated the collections of Hermès, Balenciaga and Rick Owens. Shades of pink were dominant in Hermès whilst Balenciaga had models with purple Spandex strutting the runway. Rick Owens favoured shades of purple and yellow in conjuction with neutral colours.

screen-shot-2016-10-10-at-13-06-06Credits: Vogue (who credited Indigital)

Metallics, leather, oversized coats, spandex and stilettos all made their appearance in the catwalks of the French capital. Yves Saint Laurent and Balenciaga both gave the frow a reminiscing feel of times gone by whilst Dior marked the revival of the eighties with slogan t-shirts.

screen-shot-2016-10-10-at-13-06-47Credits: Vogue (who credited Indigital)
Andrea Manouchou

Cover Image: Vogue