Chart – James’ Picks

Chart – James’ Picks

SolardoTribesmen (Hot Creations)
“Oh yeah, I’ve heard this one before”. Mancunian duo, Solardo, have arguably been the tech house producers of the year and Tribesmen is easily their best release to date. Regularly found in the sets of Patrick Topping, Richy Ahmed and Jamie Jones this track is about to take dance floors by storm. Released 17/10.

Groove ArmadaSuperstylin’ (Riva Starr Edit) (Snatch! Records)
Riva Starr has been in the game nearly as long as this dance classic and it’s no surprise to see it topping Beatport’s Tech House charts of the week. Starr has cleverly kept the build up of Superstylin’ but infused it with tech house which has reincarnated Groove Armada’s absolute banger. Released 16/09.

MatadorRizzle (wAFF remix) (Rukus)
After another busy summer on the White Isle, wAFF is back with another remix destined for success. Tech house with an essence of acid, this track just goes to show that wAFF’s productive prowess is still one of the best around. Released 03/10.

Kollektiv TurmstrasseSorry I Am Late (Richy Ahmed remix) (FFRR)
Hot Creations resident and Ibiza favourite, Richy Ahmed, has pulled it out the bag again with a brilliantly produced remix of this techno track. Could this remix reach the same heights of ‘So Good’ or ‘The Drums’? Here at The Gryphon we think so. Released 16/09.

THROWBACK TRACK! Armand Van Helden ft Duane Harden – U Don’t Know Me (Armed)
Despite the copious amounts of remixes, the original still has to be up there with one of disco’s greatest ever hits and that is why Armand Van Helden’s banger is our Throwback Track of the week. Released 25/01/99.

James Bate

(Image: groovearmada.com)