PP Arnold to play The Wardrobe, 16/10

By / 12 months ago / Music / No Comments
PP Arnold to play The Wardrobe, 16/10

In the mid-60s, PP Arnold came to England as an Ikette for the Ike & Tina Turner Revue, singing backing vocals and harbouring a huge undiscovered talent. Yet, by 1966, Arnold was signed to Andrew Loog Oldham’s Immediate record label, after being spotted by Mick Jagger. Several huge hits followed, including The First Cut is the Deepest, Angel of the Morning and If You Think You’re Groovy.

At the forefront of British Rock & Roll and Pop history-in-the-making, PP became one of the quintessential yet often forgotten faces of London’s Swinging 60s. Her list of collaborators and tour-partners is as iconic as it is endless, with the likes of The Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton and Paul Weller having played alongside the soul icon.

This year PP Arnold will be celebrating 50 years in the music industry with her first solo UK tour in many years. She’ll be playing a collection of her old classics, as well as many new songs from her long-awaited next album, which is set to be released in 2018 and features the likes of The Paul Weller Band and The Specials.

Arnold will be supported by rising talent Carys Crow, a 17-year old from Otley with a deep passion for music and songwriting. After being in the crowd during the devastating attack at Ariana Grande’s concert at Manchester Arena, Crow was inspired to raise money for the Manchester Emergency Fund by climbing Mount Snowden and, despite the trauma of the attack, carried on singing. Now supporting legends like PP Arnold, Crow is well on her way to becoming a promising headline act.

PP Arnold will play Leeds’ Wardrobe on Monday 16th of October, tickets to her unmissable show are available here.

Meg Firth

Photo Credit: soulwalking.co.uk