With a brownie-like texture, big chunks of chocolate and wholesome pieces of pecans, one of these butterscotch bars will never be enough. When fresh from the oven, they will chase away the winter chill with their warm, buttery flavour.
Ingredients (Makes 12 large bars)
- 140g butter
- 2 large eggs
- 350g light muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g self-raising flour
- 200g bar milk chocolate, cut into big chunks
- 80g pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 20g whole pecan nuts
- Preheat a fan oven to 160C, or a conventional oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease/line with foil a brownie tin (roughly 20x24cm).
- Melt the butter in a small bowl, and then put to one side to cool.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs. Then, add to the beaten eggs the sugar, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Sift in the flour, and stir it in along with the chocolate and chopped pecans. Don’t over-beat the mix.
- Spread the mixture in the tin, scatter over the whole pecan nuts.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until an inserted skewer comes out clean. When cooled, cut into 12 bars.
The perfect partner for these butterscotch bars in a big scoop of vanilla ice-cream, and a drizzle of melted milk chocolate. Though perfect for sharing, make no promises… I won’t judge you for it.