Christmas is calling and while you’re mulling some wine you’re probably mulling over what’s worth including on your Christmas wish list. To give a helping hand, I’ve included an editor’s pick of what I’m hoping to find in my stocking this year.
- In Paris: 20 Women on Life in the City of Light. By Jeanne Damas and Lauren Bastide. The Parisians are renowned for doing chic better than most, and this gorgeous hardback from Jeanne Damas and Lauren Bastide encapsulates the elegance of the Parisian fashionite perfectly.
- The Discomfort Zone: How to Get What You Want by Living Fearlessly. By Farrah Storr. Storr, Editor-In-Chief at Cosmopolitan UK only released this title in September 2018 and has since recieved an abundance of praise for her honest and frank guidance for people who are aiming for her level of success in the publishing industry. I’ll definitely be digesting this post-Christmas lunch.
- Dress Scandinavian. By Pernille Teisbaek. Copenhagen born fashion stylist and influencer extraordinaire, Pernille Teisbaek, brought us Dress Scandinavian back in 2017, but with the notable buzz around Copenhagen Fashion Week this year, Teisbaek’s insight into how to approach Scandi-fashion is worth a read.
- BRA. The last thing you want to do is put on anything lacy when you’re shivering after your morning shower. Seamless, wireless but a complimentary cut: Uniqlo proving that practical and comfy isn’t synonymous with ‘ugly’.
- SOCKS. New Year’s Eve socks, because if the rest of you has to be cold (forget the rule; there is nothing wrong with boobs and legs) then at least your feet can be kept wrapped up in style. & Other Stories sell these sparkly socks all year round, but in the colder seasons they bring out an abundance of exciting shades and patterns so you can decorate your feet to your heart’s content.
- PYJAMAS. I’ve recently invested in a fleece pyjama set and it has, with no trace of exaggeration, transformed my life. I go to bed toasty and wake up the same; Autumn/Winter mornings are becoming bearable and I only have my fleece pyjama set to thank. Since I’ve found such joy in my new pyjamas, I’ve also been eyeing up this banana leaf print pair from ASOS to add a tropical dose amidst this winter grey.
- SUNGLASSES. For those of you who go skiing and need to fend off the snowy white glare, you have an excuse to dig out the sunglasses again. However, for the people like me who miss the coverage and confidence that a jazzy pair of shades brings to your face, just know that you’re not alone in your desires.
- SCARF. It’s winter, our necks are cold but a chunky scarf can often create the risk of looking like a swaddled marshmallow. The key: pick one of a lighter wool or silk to avoid the aforementioned swaddling debacle, and choose one with a print to occupy the eye. I’ve been enjoying hunting down unique ones on Etsy which is also a nice way to support budding businesses this Christmas.
- EARRINGS. Chintzy earrings like these from ASOS have been cropping up on bloggers, stylists and catwalks alike. It’s been the season of the ‘more is more’, and I’m actually completely on board.
By Elicka Ghahramani