The Struts Bring 70s Glam Rock to Stylus,

Share Post To:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Following the 2018 release of their acclaimed sophomore album, YOUNG&DANGEROUS, fast-rising throwback glam rockers The Struts aim to finally win over the UK crowd with this sold-out headlining tour. The Derby rockers have been open about their struggles in finding success from their home country, despite having massive support from the likes of Kerrang! and Classic Rock Magazine, who herald the band as a saving grace of the classic 70s glam rock sound. The band have, however, had a fast rise to fame in the US, earning plenty of radio play and touring with rock giants such as The Rolling Stones, Guns N’ Roses, The Who and the Foo Fighters, in which Dave Grohl himself has named them as his favourite ever support band.

The band have wowed fans with not only their studio work, but they have earned a reputation for being one of the best live bands of recent times. Frontman Luke Spiller oozes charisma, having the look of Freddie Mercury that could give Rami Malik a run for his money – he has actually had some of his stage outfits made by Mercury’s stylist Zandra Rhodes – as well as the voice and dance moves of Mick Jagger and Steven Tyler.

The band burst onto the stage with the anthemic hit single ‘Primadonna Like Me’ and the energy did not let up until the show ended, going through everything from costume changes, synchronised dancing on stage with fans and audience cheer competitions.

The beauty of their show was that even if you did not know the band’s material, the energy, charisma and pure passion that all four members put into their performances is so infectious you cannot help but have a good time. With all this momentum, I can see this band taking the torch from The Darkness as this generations next big glam stars.

Photo via Henry Taylor