If you are an avid fan of Bake Off, you will have seen the shambles that was the brownie challenge in last week’s episode. In light of this, I thought I would share my fool proof recipe for brownies that my housemates and I like to make in time for Bake Off Tuesdays. Whether you are a fan of a classic brownie or attempt something more creative, hopefully these ones will turn out better than the contestants!
- 100g of milk chocolate
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 125g of butter
- 175g of caster sugar
- 50g Self- raising flour
- 25g of Plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- + 100g of honeycomb, raspberries, nuts, or anything else you might like to add!
- Line a square brownie tin with greaseproof paper
- Beat the vanilla, butter, and sugar together
- Beat the eggs in a cup and add them into the mixture a little at a time
- Sift both types of flour and the coco powder into the bowl
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and stir it into the mixture
- Add any other ingredients at this point before spooning the mixture into the prepared tin
- Cook in the oven at 180 (fan) or 200 (non- fan) for 25-30 minutes, checking regularly to insure they do not overbake – (they will be cooked when a knife comes out almost clean)
- Make sure to let them cool a little in the tin before attempting to remove them as they can be very fudgy and need to harden slightly after coming out of the oven
- If you want to make them look more exciting, try drizzling the top with white chocolate or adding Oreos or crunchie pieces as a topping
- Cut into around 16 servings and enjoy!